If you want to know the best way to achieve total vapor destruction, just ask the Environmental Protection Agency. The Air Quality Management District, the TCEQ, New Jersey DEQ, and the EPA set 1,400 °F as the threshold for meeting 99+% vapor destruction efficiency, and it reserves the term “thermal oxidizers” for equipment that meet this standard. Envent maintains the nation’s largest fleet of thermal oxidizers for degassing operations, and our units achieve the 1,400 °F minimum operating requirement established as Best Available Control Technology (BACT).
Total vapor destruction allows us to guarantee regulatory compliance on each of our jobs, and we document our results with temperature chart recorders and back up digital display that confirms our performance. Envent sets the industry standard with our Envent Mobile Thermal Oxidation System (EMTOS) – a mobile unit that we designed to be the safest, fastest and most effective way to degas large storage tanks and vessels or long sections of pipelines. Efficiency is the key to our EMTOS process (click here for illustration).
Our EMTOS units safely process up from 250 to 6000 cubic feet per minute. The EMTOS 6000 can degas a 150-ft.diameter tank in as little as 6-8 hours, depending on specific levels of sludge, scale, product and regulatory requirements. Degassing a 250-ft. diameter tank can easily be completed in less than one day. Our Envent Mobile Emission Control System (EMECS – the 42 MMBTU John Zink direct fired unit) units can refill tanks & vessels up to 20,000 bbls per hour, depending on product vapor pressure and BTU content.
EMTOS & EMECS advantages include:
- Getting you safely and rapidly through the explosive range of the degassing operation.
- EMTOS is the only thermal oxidizer system with HAZOP certifications from 9 major oil companies.
- On-site destruction of all vapors and safe removal/disposal of all waste.
- Third-party testing to confirm destruction efficiencies.
- Certified emission uploaded to our secured eReport Client Login to confirm full compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Safe connections to vessels during plant turnarounds.
- Continuous operation above 1400 °F, consequently eliminating the need for reclassification of units as “vapor combustors” to operate at lower temperatures.
- Best demonstrated destruction efficiency in the industry, > 99+% DRE.